HospitalSmart POS utilized our core functionality of the point of sale application and incorporates the payroll deduct module. This product is ideal for hospital gift shops, pharmacies and other hospital outlets. HospitalSmart POS communicates with the Human Resources Department, the Payroll Department and the Hospital Outlets to make the payroll deduct process seamless. By utilizing the hospitals network, files can be transferred to the appropriate area when needed. The end result is an easy way to gain more sales and happier employees.
The process works like this. The HospitalSmart point of sale receives a file from Human Resources every night of the employees who are eligible to charge. This file is updated in the register automatically after the file is received. When the outlet opens in the morning the eligible employees are able to charge their purchases to the payroll deduct module via an employee badge. Payroll deduct periods can be as little as one and up to eight periods. HospitalSmart POS also offers a declining balance option. At the end of a payperiod HospitalSmart POS automatically sends the employee’s charges to the Payroll Department. After the Payroll Department processes the deduction file, payroll sends the actual employee deductions taken file back to the hospital outlet. This file is automatically deducted from the employee’s balance at the hospital outlet level. It is as simple as that!
The benefits are huge:
- Current Employee Balances are at the fingertips of the HospitalSmart POS
- Sales increase because of ease of use and convenience
- Details of deductions are at the HospitalSmart POS
- Limited labor cost to offer Payroll Deduction
- Provide a benefit for your employees
We asked a couple of our users a few questions…..
Has Payroll Deduct brought more sales to your shop?
• The Christ Hospital’s Gift Shop Director, Phyllis Martin: “At the beginning of our fiscal year 2007 I thought we would reach a Milestone of 1 million dollars in sales by the end of year 2010. We reached this milestone at the end of 2008. I attribute this success to our ThinkSmart POS payroll deduct process. It has been very reliable, easy to scan the employee badges and easy to pull up the financial information for employees.”
• The Drake Center Hospital Gift Shop Manager, Judy Stallford: Definitely, Over 1/2 to 2/3 of our sales are through ThinkSmart Payroll Deduct System.
What key advantages has ThinkSmart POS provided for you?
• The Christ Hospital’s Gift Shop Director, Phyllis Martin: Speed, accuracy, sales and support
• The Drake Center Hospital Gift Shop Manager, Judy Stallford: “When employees question the previous charges coming out of their paychecks. We can pull up the itemization of their sales, including the actual deductions and current balances, for each employee quickly and accurately. The system has never been wrong.”
• Fireland’s Regional Medical Center, IS Manager, Sue Evert: Payroll works very well. Pretty easy to use. The matrix is a nice feature. Our cafeteria and pharmacy payroll deduct are not as good.
How did you handle your payroll deduct process prior to ThinkSmart POS?
• The Christ Hospital’s Gift Shop Director, Phyllis Martin: By an in house grown product that always had trouble and an Excel spreadsheet
• The Drake Center Hospital Gift Shop Manager, Judy Stallford: Manually in an Excel spreadsheet. Very time consuming and prone for errors. We only use to allow the employee to take the sale out of only one paycheck. We now offer a transaction to be split into 4 pay periods. This has increased our sales of larger ticket items. We often sell jewelry that cost from $70-$80 that we were unable to sell before because employees can now split the payment in 4 by using the 4 pay period option on the ThinkSmart POS System.